POLYCARBONATE ROAD NOISE BARRIER | POLYCARBONATE / PMMA NOISE BARRIER | POLYCARBONATE NOISE BARRIER MANUFACTURER | SOUND BARRIER WALL POLYCARBONATE SHEET
Polycarbonate Road Noise Barrier is the most effective material for noise absorption and helps to ensure a quiet atmosphere. Polycarbonate as a material has superior properties which makes it a preferred material as a noise control barrier. Acrylic also has similar properties to polycarbonate and the two are equated at many junctions. The light weight of the material makes it possible to install polycarbonate sound barriers in almost any kind of situation. It is also very appropriate for mounted structure applications.
Light transmission: Polycarbonate and acrylic have a 95% light transmission capability thus it does not darken enclosures. In many instances, the passage of light is a deterrent as the entry of natural light especially in open-air surroundings is preferred. This is one reason why in many cases polycarbonate/acrylic noise barriers are preferred over metallic noise barriers.
Aesthetics: An important factor that plays a vital role in the choice of a barrier is the aesthetic appeal of the item. The Polycarbonate/acrylic noise barrier with its translucent appearance is aesthetically attractive. It can be procured in a choice of colors and this allows it to fit in perfectly with its surroundings. The barriers are available in a number of designs and finishes to improve the appearance of the locations.
Features of Polycarbonate / Road Noise Barrier
The polycarbonate road noise barriers are built to provide the best performance and some of the main features of the barriers are as follows:
- Weight: Light in weight makes it easy to handle and also easy to install. It can be placed in locations such as raised bridges and flyovers. It is also suitable for overhead rail lines and metro lines.
- UV protected: The polycarbonate noise barriers are coated with UV protection on both sides to ensure that it is not affected by UV rays since these structures are usually erected outdoors and required to withstand the continuous sun during all seasons.
- Impact resistant: The polycarbonate/acrylic sheets are very strong and impact resistant. It will not shatter with stone impact or any other impact either.
- Weather resistant: The polycarbonate/acrylic material is not affected by adverse weather conditions. It is also UV resistant and will not crack or break with strong sun.
- Non-corrosive: The frames used for the noise barriers are galvanized and are non-corrosive. It will not rust or corrode. The material for the noise barrier sheets is also non-corrosive.
- Flexibility: The polycarbonate/acrylic sheets are versatile and moldable.
- Light transmission: The translucent materials provide good light transmission of up to 95%.
- Noise reduction: The acrylic/polycarbonate noise barrier is the most effective at sound reduction and can reduce sound up to 36 dB(A)
- Fire resistant: It has a Class B fire rating